The Front Squat works the same muscles as the rear squat without placing the weight of the bar on your shoulders. This exercise can be a good substitute for people with back and neck injuries.
- Place the barbell on your upper chest, resting it across your front deltoids and holding it with your arms crossed securely.
- Keeping your head and back straight and your abs drawn in and your toes point slightly outward.
- Slowly squat down so your upper thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Practice the squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.