This guest post is by Nisha of Healthypages.co.uk.
Belly fat is accumulated over an extended period of time, usually many years, when the caloric intake exceeds the body’s daily requirement. Understanding how the fat accumulates around the abdomen is an important part of learning how to get rid of belly fat for women.
People try so many different things to remove such fat, e.g. hypnotherapy, and various medicines, but there are simple ways to do it. Whenever the glucose level in the blood exceeds the amount of insulin in the bloodstream, the body begins to store all the extra glucose molecules in various parts of the body.
Higher levels of protein in the diet can sustain the energy level while requiring the body to burn the fat stores. The brain requires glucose to function properly and because it is the most vital organ, the body will feed the brain first. Major food categories must be excluded from the diet to eliminate hidden sugars that will raise the glucose levels in the bloodstream, including: fruits, dairy and nuts. While these are great sources of nutrients, the other food groups can compensate when the diet is adjusted.
Certain practical tips must be incorporated into the diet for the beginning of the efforts to burn excess belly fat.
- Reduce fat consumption by adding lean meats and fresh vegetables to the daily diet.
- Consume smaller quantities of food throughout the day. Use a small plate to limit quantities consumed at each of 5 or 6 meals.
- Emphasize low Glycemic Index foods that will not raise the glucose levels in the bloodstream.
- Eat more slowly and chew every bite thoroughly. Taste every food for longer periods of time to satisfy cravings.
- Avoid carbonated drinks that are packed with sugar and find naturally sweetened versions of hot drink favourites.
- Walk with a purpose each day. Whenever possible, walk the stairs and park further away from stores. Wear a pedometer daily and attempt to rack up 10,000 steps.
- Walk for 30 minutes every day, except Sunday, to challenge the metabolic rate.
Proven Steps for Melting Away Belly Fat
Learning how to get rid of belly fat for women can be very challenging, but the results can be remarkable. Some lifestyle changes will help convince the body to release the fat stores instead of adding more to them.
- Lower caloric intake – Regardless of the talk on the infomercials, the best way to reduce the amount of fat stored in the body is to consume fewer calories every day. Consistency is the key, even when the appetite is signalling hunger.
- Eliminate alcohol – All types of alcoholic beverages are packed with some of the most complex sugars available. These large doses are broken down into glucose that floods the bloodstream. Since the body cannot burn all of that glucose, it will be stored.
- Eliminate overt and covert sugars – For label readers, avoid all products that have sugar in the ingredient list. Become adept at recognizing all the sources of sugar including modified sugars. An easier approach is to eat fresh meats and vegetables and eliminate processed foods.
- Stop sit-ups and crunches – Working the abs during multiple workouts will strengthen the muscle walls and push the belly fat out away from the organs. The result will be a larger waist.
- Walk every day – Thirty minutes of walking at a brisk pace will begin to melt the fat stores all over the body, including the belly fat. Over a period of weeks, this effort will prove how to get rid of belly fat for women.
Worst Possible Methods for Losing Belly Fat
A great deal of misinformation surrounds how to get rid of belly fat for women. There are some definite actions that must be avoided to be successful in the effort to lose the excess fat resting around the waist.
- Mistake 1 – Isolated Exercises – Working individual muscles will not create the definition by those wanting to learn how to get rid of belly fat for women. Every exercise should involve large muscle groups and expend as much energy as physically possible at the same time.
- Mistake 2 – Workout machines – Those who work out using weight machines are not using the natural movements of the body to create muscle definition. A full range of motion is necessary to improve metabolism and tone the entire physique.
- Mistake 3 – Extensive cardio workouts – Cardiovascular exercise is necessary for burning excess fat, but overdoing cardio exercise will not provide the best results. Many people report joint pain and sore muscles but few actual results.
- Mistake 4 – Crunches and sit-ups – Beautifully sculpted ab muscles are not achieved by straining this muscle group through standard sit-ups and crunches. The fat in front of the abdominal muscles must be melted away.
- Mistake 5 – Repetitive workouts – When the same workout routine is followed day after day results will not be achieved. The body will adapt to the workout routine, so to achieve the best results add variety to your workouts.
- Mistake 6 – Long workouts – Long workouts are not necessary. Well-designed workouts will produce great results by raising the metabolism and consuming energy. Keep them no longer than 45 minutes to avoid diminishing returns.
When the goal is to learn how to get rid of belly fat for women, the most important thing is to stay with the program until results are achieved. If you hit a plateau, stay disciplined and find new approaches to eating healthy foods and exercising for maximum benefit.
Hello my name is Nisha, I am the Editor for Healthypages.co.uk. I love to write about health and beauty, especially Complementary Therapies.