This is the most common abdominal exercise and possibly the most often improperly performed. Here is how to perform it correctly.
- Lie on your pack with your feet up on a bench and your knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Place your hands across your chest or on either side of your head (over your ears).
- Raise your head, shoulders and chest off the floor and towards your knees, crunching your abs.
- Hold the position for a moment and then lower to the starting position.
- Keep your hips straight and your lower back against the floor during this exercise.