Wide Grip Standing Barbell Curl
This is a wide grip version of a biceps curl. The wider grip targets the lateral or outer portion of the muscle.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a barbell with an underhand (palms up) grip as wide as your comfortably can.
- Extend your arms fully against your thighs.
- Keeping your elbows straight, raise the bar towards your chest till your forearms touch your chest.
- Pause for moment and then return to the starting position.
- Lean up against a wall or post if you have problems keeping from swinging.