Wide-Grip Decline Barbell Bench Press
This is an exercise for the Pectoral (Chest) muscles. It uses a wider grip and focuses on the outer portion of the chest. Decline Bench Presses work the lower portion of the Pectoral muscles.
- Lie on a decline bench with your head lower than your feet.
- Place your hands wider than shoulder width apart on the bar and lift it off the rack.
- Bring the bar over your chest and lower it till it is just above the lower portion of your chest, this is starting position.
- Extend your arms upward and raise the bar straight up.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the bar to starting position.
- Keep your abs drawn in and your back flat on the bench throughout this exercise.