This is a classic leg and lower body exercise with many variations this is the basic version.
- Start by place a barbell across your upper back, use a grip slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Stand with your feet about 8 inches apart, toes facing forward.
- Take a step forward (2-3 feet) keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight.
- Slowly lower one knee down as if kneeling while keeping your other knee bent at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knee touch the ground.
- Lower your body to just above the floor and hold for a moment before returning to the starting position.
- Do not the pressure of your body on your knee during this exercise.
- The knee you are leaning forward on should not move beyond the toe of this foot.
Calves, Quads, Glutes