This is a variation of the basic Chin Up that focus more on the lats. Your goal is to touch the bar at the sternum (mid chest).
- Grasp the pull up bar with a shoulder width underhand grip.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended.
- Pulling yourself towards the bar lean your head back as far as you can and arch your spine.
- Continuing pulling so that your collarbone passes the bar and you are able to touch your sternum to the bar.
- Slowly lower yourself back to starting position.
- Your hips and legs should be at a 45 degree angle to the floor as you near the bar.