Squat To Bench
This is s great overall exercise for the lower body. There are many variations on the squat, this one uses a bench as to remind you how far down to squat.
- Place a bench behind you.
- Lifting a barbell off of a weight rack, position it on your shoulders.
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Drawing your abs in descend slowly Squat down bending at the knees and hips.
- Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance).
- Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
- A pad on the bar or towel on your shoulders can help improve your grip and reduce discomfort of the bar against your back.
- Practice the squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Do not sit on the bench during the exercise.
Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings