This version of the squat uses a wider stance to isolate the inner thigh.
- Lifting a barbell off of a weight rack, position it on your shoulders.
- Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width apart (about 30 inches apart) with your toes pointing out.
- Drawing your abs in descend slowly by bending at the knees and hips as if you are sitting down (squatting).
- Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance).
- Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
- A pad on the bar or towel on your shoulders can help improve your grip and reduce the discomfort of the bar against your back.
- Practice the squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.