This variation of squat is similar to a Front Squat, it works to build the Upper muscles of the quadriceps (thighs).
- Lifting a barbell off of a weight rack, across your chest holding it with your arms crossed.
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Drawing your abs in descend slowly by bending at the knees and hips as if you are sitting down (squatting).
- Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance).
- Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
- Practice the squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings