This exercise is a staple for building strong legs.
- Adjust the seat so that your knees have fill range of motion and that footpad fits over your legs just above your ankles.
- Grasp the handles with your hands for support, keeping your hip and back against the bench.
- Slowly extend your legs until your knees are straight, do not lock your knees.
- Hold for a moment and then with controlled movements return to the starting position.
- Use controlled movements for this exercise, do not swing the weight up.