Smith Machine Hack Squat
This is another variation of the basic Squat that focuses more on the quadriceps (thigh muscles).
- Adjust the bar to a low setting just above your ankles.
- Stand with the bar on the floor just behind your legs, with your feet shoulder width apart and your toes pointing forward
- With your feet firmly placed on the floor reach down and grasp the bar from behind with and overhand grip.
- Lift the bar by extending your hips and knees, be careful not to lock your knees.
- Lower yourself (squat) down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly raise yourself up to starting position.
- You knees should be moving in the same direction as your feet.