This exercise uses dumbbells instead of barbells to strengthen and build the legs.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand.
- Stand with your feet about 8 inches apart, toes facing forward.
- Take a step forward (2-3 feet) keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight.
- Slowly lower one knee down as if kneeling while keeping your other knee bent at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knee touch the ground.
- Lower your body to just above the floor and hold for a moment before returning to the starting position.
- Do not the pressure of your body on your knee during this exercise.
- The knee you are leaning forward on should not move beyond the toe of this foot.
Calves, Quads, Glutes