Smith Machine Dead Lifts
This is the same as a Dead Lift but the Smith Machine allows for better control of the weight.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart so that your feet are under the bar.
- Keeping your back straight bend at the waist, allow some bend in your knees.
- Grasp the par with an overhand grip approximately 16 inches apart.
- Straighten your back as you hold the bar at arms length.
- Bend over again lowering the bar to just above the floor.
- Do not increase the weight on this exercise until you have mastered the correct form.